Choosing to be a personal support worker (PSW)/care team assistant (CTA), is choosing to make an impact in the day-to-day lives of patients and their families. Carecor recognizes the importance of PSWs and CTAs and the hard work it takes to become this integral role in today’s healthcare system. In contribution to the PSW/CTA profession, we're pleased to provide a $1000 scholarship to one (1) PSW or CTA student, presently enrolled in a personal support worker or continuing care assistant certification program.
Terms and Conditions
- In Ontario, the scholarship is open to current personal support worker (PSW) students enrolled in:
- a PSW program at an Ontario community college
- a PSW program at an Ontario private career college that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities
- an approved Ontario Board of Education PSW Program
- In Nova Scotia, the scholarship is open to current critical care assistant (CCA)/care team assistant (CTA) students enrolled in a CCA/CTA program:
- at a Nova Scotia Community College
- at a Nova Scotia private career college
- Applicants must:
- complete the Carecor scholarship application form, submit a minimum 250-word biography outlining their eligibility/suitability for the scholarship, and provide proof of their current enrollment in a PSW or CCA program
- complete the application form satisfactorily including providing one (1) character reference from their school and writing a biography outlining their suitability/eligibility for the scholarship within the required parameters
- be in good academic standing with their school, to be verified by a school reference
- be focused on working in an acute care hospital setting upon completion of their PSW/CCA program
- A scholarship application will only be considered if it is submitted between the application dates indicated each year
- Only one (1) application submission per participant to be considered
- Current Carecor employees and family members of Carecor healthcare employees and office staff are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program
- Carecor has the right to cancel or change the scholarship details, qualifications and requirements at any time
2019 Application Dates
July 15, 2019, 9am EST - September 16, 2019, 5pm EST
How to Apply
Step 1: Download the application form and complete ALL fillable areas of the form.
Step 2: In a separate Microsoft Word document, please formulate your maximum 250-word biography outlining your suitability/eligibility for the scholarship. For example:
- Why did you decide to become a PSW/CTA?
- How are you going to positively impact the PSW/CTA profession?
- What are your goals as a PSW/CTA?
- Why have you chosen to focus your PSW/CTA career in acute care-hospital setting?
Step 3: Gather all required application documents:(1) Completed application form; (2) Maximum 250-word biography; and (3) Copy of the acceptance letter/email confirming your enrollment into your PSW/CCA program. Email scan these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line ‘Carecor PSW/CTA Scholarship 2019 Application’.
Please note that submitting incomplete forms, excluding required documents, and/or failure to comply with the application dates will make your application null and void.